Friends of the Grassic Gibbon Centre Membership
You are invited to support us by becoming a Friend of the Grassic Gibbon Centre.
The membership for 1 year is £10 but we would be very grateful if you wished to contribute more.
- To stimulate interest in the life and work of the author Lewis Grassic Gibbon
- To provide accurate information about the author and his books
- To act as a focus for admirers of his work
- To support the Centre, which provides facilities for study of his work
The Kindness of Friends…
At the close of Sunset Song, Robert Colquohoun perfectly encapsulates the values which lay at the heart of the dying Kinraddie crofting society as “the kindness of friends and the warmth of toil and the peace of rest”.
The Grassic Gibbon Centre, founded in November 1991 in the small rural community of Arbuthnott in the Mearns, is a living tribute to these homespun principles.
One year’s membership to the Friends costs £10 however, we would be grateful if you wish to give more. You can also further help the Centre by ‘gift aiding’ your subscription. This does not cost you any-more but allows the Centre to reclaim the income tax you have paid on the amount.
As a Friend, you will receive:
- Free admission to exhibitions at the Centre
- Offer of participation at events
- Discount on mail order books
Why not give a year’s subscription as a gift?